Only 8 days until Christmas! I'm no where near as ready as I was suppose to be. The biggie on my list is to still plan out Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day brunch.
Feel free to play along if you want. If you do, post a link to your blog in my comments section. I love to read what everyone puts on these things.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little of both. Bags for gifts that I have to deliver. Paper for gifts that sit under my tree.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artifical. We have a pre-lit 6 foot (which no longer is as tall as it used to seem) one. It was a well spent $20 at a Black Friday sale a few years ago. It needs replaced though. I would like it to be a bit taller and more filled out. Plus now the middle section's lights don't work anymore so it looks a bit funny.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we pull out all the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving but this year I wasn't hosting Thanksgiving so I started putting everything up on Thanksgiving Day before we headed to my parent's house for dinner.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January. I tend to be a slacker in this department. Last year I think everything was packed back up by the 15th.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing really sticks out to me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Punit. If he wants something he just goes and buys it. He doesn't let anyone have a chance to get it for him first. ugh.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Seema. Any 18 month old would be easy to shop for!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I got it for Christmas last year.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail out Christmas cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? Not sure on this one either. I tend to blank on these "past times" questions. lol
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life we used to watch every year as a family. But now with half of us kids moved out of the house we don't. We really enjoyed Home Alone 3 this year.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I get my gift list together.
14. Have you ever recycled a gift? Only for White Elephant gift exchanges at work.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peanut Brittle, Peppermint White Chocolate Bark
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? If we travel it's only 20 minutes from our house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Possibly, if you give me enough time. lol
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. It's always the gift that has Christmas pjs in it.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who are in a rush or grumpy.
23. Favorite ornament or theme color? Red and White/Silver
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Cranberry Sauce with real cranberries in it.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Realistically? New backdrop. Some cash. Unrealistically? A new house with the layout that would work for our family.